About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Friday, August 12, 2016

Day 2 of change

Woke up really anxious as how I would conduct myself in yoga class, am i gonna pop my knees or will i faint in that 100 degrees mark or worse late for class. Me being me checked out their website  for rules in class, what to carry, what not to do, when to talk, when not to, what to wear ohhh blah blah I even rehearsed my Bikram yoga steps.

Okk so he left for work, I still had 2 hours till yoga, cleaned up kitchen washroom threw trash even did laundry all by 9 in the morning, ate something. Anything to keep me busy. Then laid out my bag with swimsuit so I can go for a swim after yoga. Took my mat, towel, water, packed everything precisely and yeah headed for the mission yoga. Decided to go with my over covered t shirt legging stuff, no matter how hot it gets I am just not comfortable unless fully clad. No I am not a muslim, this happens when you grow up in a small city. To this day, I don't find dresses shorts comfortable which is not a big issue. Clothing doesn't define us, thankfully there is one aspect that doesn't really bother me in life. I can go around wearing oldest jeans and still be me.

Sounds stupid right, someone putting so much effort for one class. So I show up, ask all the necessary questions where shoes go , she shows me around, all cool. I wait for the class to start, honestly it was fucking hot and seemed insane. I imagined it a little colder but yeah hot yoga. Waiting impatiently for class to start,I  must have walked in and out around 8 times, going washroom washing face, reciting you can do this  haha what a nervous wreck.

Class starts, well it was difficult following instructions, there is that language barrier no matter how much you claim you know English . Your mother tongue is the one you actually understand even when you sleep. The instructor helped me out, thanks to my yogi mom I pulled off almost all the poses except a few balance and heat strokes and breaks, I did wonderful on my scale. Hmmm as soon as the word shavasana was said, I relaxed. Hehe to be honest, I kept looking around copying people following instructions. At the end of it, it was meditative even though it was super intense.

Of course I laid there till I heard people leaving, I can't be the first one to leave can I. Yeah stepped out, felt a rush of heat to brain and decided to chill it out in lounge area. If there is one lesson  I have learned in my life and imbibed like truly is never fear questions. So I asked a few classmates how long they have been into it, told them my name's meaning which they didn't even ask. I get away with my cute looks I guess. They applauded my first day victory, I  appreciated them and made exit before anyone could feel bored or over talked to.

Ohh it was awesome and relaxing tiring in its own way.


Then my swimming plan failed as there were kids in the pool, kids are not cool when they come in my way ;)

Okk all charged up I called up my husband and he picked. Told him all about it, he listened patiently in office hehe he does love me a lot like super super lot. He promised he's gonna give his gym a break and drop in for yoga.

Then I headed up to library, gotta study to get a job gals. Yoga doesn't pay, it actually takes money. Tried a lot to stick to programming isle but buddhism reeled me in. Finished reading two books in 3 hours and got one to read back in home. If you have never tried, find this book called walking meditation, its superb. It might change your life you know.

Gotta cook, my vocabulary sucks it kinda doesn't evolve.

I am gonna write day 3 and day 4 of weekend together .  Have a great weekend.




No comments:

Post a Comment