About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Yoga and wine do mix ;)

I am not gonna shun alcohol just because I started practicing yoga, alcohol has been an integral part of my life for 7 years now. Going to lengths to avoid all the crunchy snacks, replacing them with healthier better ones. The integral word is pretty much the description. It helped us bond, from cocktails to neat whiskey, do you even see the effort to develop taste. All of you casual drinkers know how much it is important to have it at least once in a week. So no nada naha wine was and will continue to be a part of our routine with salad and nuts. No celebration, no dancing has ever been more fun without it, it just liberates you from the stares and judgement your mind puts up on you.

After yoga I made a quick salad prep, saw more videos my Simon Borg. He's amazing, you can see how sorted how at peace he is. This one is not as refined as the last one but it surely teaches us a thing or two.

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWdPZAJv0Lc

I am really impressed how he approaches yoga, its not how we all are doing it in our hot yoga studios, rushing through poses, not giving enough breaks to body, chatting up after shavasana. Its not cool how we torture our bodies in name of peace through power yoga. Why didn't I start learning earlier, hmm it breaks my heart on how much time was wasted when I could have given time for this inherent experience and discipline.

My husband is really tired these days, he needs a different profession something that excites him to wake up and go through his routine, this might break him, we need a vacation asap. He came home, we drank took our salad and day over with banshee finale.

If you do yoga on a daily basis, my recommendation would be to make a yoga room, get some music mantras, a few guided videos. That will give you 200% of benefit.


NAMASTE


No comments:

Post a Comment