About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Monday, January 9, 2017

My New Year Yang Resolution :)

One of my rules after marriage is don't get too friendly with anyone related to your in laws. It always works , you keep safe distance from them, don't share a lot about your life, just wish on festivals , talk about food health and bam keep the phone.

Even the experts get caught up some time and that was what fortunately landed me in yang class. Mystery mode is now on for forever. No matter what, I will not fall in these traps again.

Here goes the story.  So got up some morning, while my husband was feeling bad for not attending a more richer wedding ( better food drinks) I saw some cousin's picture in a yoga setup with some kind of certificates and americans. Well, it was all to pool me in. Inquisitive me asked where the picture was from, she told me she did a  one month yoga training. Bam, more questions popping up in my mind. What did they teach you? How was the session? What poses blah blah?

Before any of my questions left my brain, to make her more comfortable and open to sharing , I started saying how good yoga is how it improves your flexibility strength. All of a sudden, she flipped, are you drunk? Yeah, this is what you get for breaking in law rule. Never over estimate the intelligence maturity of a small town girl.

Well, I am not drunk so ease her off with a joke i said it was 8am in morning. She fired do you know yoga? To be honest, the real me knows whatever I think I know is just 0.5% of the knowledge pool. So just mentioned my 6 month practice again trying to not flaunt so her ego didn't suffer.

It was done, she caught bikram word then the whole sexual assault and even if I met him came up. So if this guy does something wrong, whole bikram is at fault. Fine, relative go easy go easy. I tried to end up conversation and this is how she did.

I can do all poses in bikram
I am a certified one month teacher
Do you know head stand
Shoulder stand
.....
.....
Plow pose

So yeah keeping aside her arrogance, yogi me decided it was time to leap in and learn the yang of yoga too. Not to please her or show off, it just fueled a challenge to kick off and go deeper into the strength aspect. Motivation is all around you even in people who underestimate or diss you.

Thanks to her I am gonna improve. Love your life, take only the good parts and forget the bad moments by venting out in the blog.

Haha #vindictiveyogi


Don't be an arrogant yogi. Vindictiveness I don't know its cool if it pushes you in the right direction. Just there is no grudge against her, she made my life better.

Thanks,
NAMASTE










No comments:

Post a Comment