About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Managing in India : Visiting India Part 2

So you survived flight. If I could, I would always travel in business class. Hmm, money does buy peace and happiness. You are finally here, we booked a 5 star hotel and thank god we did. You are going to appreciate it sooo much. I can't even imagine landing straight in my hometown. Next 3 days I was a zombie, I slept in night but as soon as clock struck 10 in morning, my brain would shut off. I wanted to sleep but body wasn't tired. Its like your mind plays games. You wake up all energetic, after breakfast your eyes won't open but you are not sleepy. Weird jetlag syndromes.

Book at least a 5 star hotel. Then if you have an indian sim, you are lucky. We got t mobile roaming working for us. But it just doesn't end there, does it? I had really bad experiences with the weather and dust and cab drivers cancelling at last moment. Whenever wherever you go it takes time and too much effort. Uber Ola all are the same, even when you see no cabs on roads, there is surge pricing or no cabs available. Drivers who do show up sometimes stop or pick up other passengers on your account. So now you can't even book because someone else is riding your uber. Great.

I mean seriously, everyone is going to hate me for saying this but this country has no professionalism. One cab driver actually wanted me to get out so he could finish his 13 rides quota and then they tip themselves. I hate hate hate this, everytime we step out there is a problem. If you go to a supermarket, people want to cut you in line. If you want to cross road, cars don't stop. If you try a 4 star north indian restaurant, you end up getting food poisoning. Even 5 stars serve waffles like burnt roast wannabes. I am so sick of it. There is frustration inducing environment everywhere. Then there is traffic. When I tried mall on weekends, I could feel people breathing on my neck and they weren't trying to hit on me. Its just that there is no concept of space. Thank god, I am in chennai and there is no eve teasing or staring or rude comments.

You are shopping and there are personal assistants hovering over you. You are out of cash, your cards don't work, you forgot your pins, you don't see atms, even if you see you can't really ask a cab driver to wait for you. I am already sick and lying on bed and its just been 5 days. Your hair are frizzy and no shampoo conditioner in world is going to help you because of hard water. Your face is dropping, you are forgetting your smile. We are angry, frustrated, hungry, fighting with each other for silly uncontrollable reasons. Why would I want to go through all of this again ?

So I finally decided not to step out of my comfortable adobe for time being, my hotel room my swimming pool my gym and stay safe and close in almost no contact zone. If I want to visit friends, I ask hotel to book cabs and let them manage. Hmm, what a depressing day and I still have 3 more weeks to go. Worst is yet to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment