About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Today is the day I meet my fav species

By fluke, one day all excitedly with no plans of submitting the application, I was filling one on seattle shelter volunteer and accidentally pressed send. I clearly have no idea what would be expected of me. People say its a huge load of work. To be honest, there might not be any cats dogs around for me to play with. It was super childish to just sign up to see dogs cats once in a while. But then every time a dog crossed my path, some thing would die in me. Not die, that was melodramatic. The kind of feeling when you really crave that form of love. In india, my chinese friend wei knew how to take care of animals, she would feed dogs cats take them to hospital even fostered a few puppies, got them permanent homes. I was her assistant, when she wasn't around , it was me walking around calling cats dogs. That was fun and the kind of activity both of us looked forward to. In the gist, got used to hanging around animals.

We even had a stray kitten lola staying with us for months. The initial stage of keeping  a pet is full of stress, cats learn so fast. First day itself she knew where to poop where to pee. It was incredible. So yeah my hunger to spend time with animals made me sign up. 6 month commitment could be a pain in the ass if my passion dies in first few weeks and then got to find job too. I wouldn't want to mess up too. The experience will either be a rewarding one or cowardly promise act. Its all negative self talk I do so when the actual thing happens, I am never disappointed.

I do hope it goes well.

Well, all done orientation was superb, they showed us cats dogs and happy families in presentations. If only they had real dogs and cats, I would have gone crazier. Explained aspect of jobs required of us. There were so many people who turned up for it, hmm most of them were for fosters which again is great. I signed up to work in shelter with cats, cats are my kind of people. Next tuesday is the day yay. 6 month is a big deal, assurance is you can change your timings according to your changing schedules. Ohh I can't wait to meet all those cuties and clean up their litter boxes ;)

Yoga class starts in an hour as usual. One day it will be yoga cats with me. My yoga class was awesome, people fringing frowning in mirrors, me just smiling with the flow and struggling with balance poses. As you keep taking classes, you stop looking around because now instructor's voice is more easy to follow. I love claudia , she knows how to push when to push when to correct poses and she smiles. If gym or extreme fitness was what people wanted, they should have gone cross fit. This hour of the day is for relaxation. Trust your body, trust your instincts, your body will tell you when it is ready for the plane pose or backbend. Most of the times my bends are messy, they involve lot of rocking and then she says be stable find your flow try to breathe and it helps.

Have you tried drinking beetroot carrot tomato soup, hmmm your body will love it and thank you next day. To go with it, take 4 slices of bread, add some grated garlic cheese salt spices and put in broiler for like 2 minutes. Wonderful and easy :)

So find teacher who inspires you, who motivates you in your way. Not everyone wants to get lectures and get pushed around like a bodybuilder. Now that I know the flow, sometimes knowingly I skip a few poses which is wrong but then it gets super difficult to stay with them in dizzy state. People were dying of heat yesterday, panting gasping for breaths so always drink up electrolytes.  Even if you know yoga, when you enter a new class, respect the session. I am always smiling and might even look like a freak but its my spirited time :)

NAMASTE




No comments:

Post a Comment