About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Friday, August 26, 2016

Day chakrasana

As I sat outside my class waiting, trees were dancing with wind, almost telling me that you can be rooted strongly while in flow. Even the thinnest trunks hold great weights while leaves move with the air. Great lesson, another almost successful yoga class, as each class passes I am gaining more footing on ground, more confidence to at least try balance poses. Fear is the biggest obstacle and then there is heat and dizziness and sweat dripping from every inch of your body. Thank god Emergen C. What actually kind of surprised me was no one including teachers, proud proud students told me to drink up something before class. I see this couple sweating like crazy, for sure they are on it. Yoga teaches you to be kind too you know not just gaze focused strong. If americans or adapted version of them had any idea, their god would be shiva, the god of strength gaze focus. Yeah and thats a good thing. Jesus doesn't even fit the part.

So finally someone who couldn't handle heat joined who wasn't a fan of summer. Saw that poor thing gasping for water smiling innocently and still trying. She kind of looked like me just a little more stronger. Why would I put anyone in my category so people can either put me down or her or say I was trying to bring her down to my level. After 2 hours of mantras in the morning, all that went in my brain was om om hari ashtakam hehe instructor told me like 7 times to get back to normal poses. Lost in my own paradise. Hmm as new girl came out, patient me waited and told her she's flexible, she said of course I did yoga I knew she did practice before hmm yoga instinct no no yogi instinct. So yeah I chatted her up all to bring her to the conversation point where electrolyte suggestion came up. No one told me so really don't care if its not for her, just wanted to help her. People should know options so they don't struggle in first few classes. Look a week completion has made me so much more kinder.

And my biggest accomplishment I did backbend in its 60% form. It was great, she said it wasn't the right way but then the strength does come from within. Haha also when instructors say keep pushing this is 80% mental don't think anything, hmm yeah we are not thinking you know  we are just laying dying.

Jokes aside it was a wonderful day for me. Opened doors for people, got smiles people holding doors, you gain so much composure stability in your life.Its more than confidence, its self realization. You are not thinking too much of yourself or judging others, just existing in a plain happy state.  Appreciating the ground as you walk, thanks to the the walking meditation book, its lively, nature interacts with you, its almost a surreal high state.

After cooking pahadi dal ( do look it up, super healthy and yummy ), finally library got another chance. In my recent interview videos of Simon Borg Oliver, he mentioned some authors and books, unfortunately they were not in library so picked up a dalai lama book. My father has been asking me to read vivekananda or paramhansa books. He used to be an osho follower, we even had his photo in our house. But then we had asaram too, all the scandalous sex artists. I am not against them having sex, its just the lengths asaram went to, illegally raping girls and shutting off their parents.

We did a little pooja in front of tv, that is where videos of aartis are and its the best way. You see lyrics, you sing along enjoy it fully. Imagine when moms and dads would sing in non melodious methodical way. It was great but still this works better for me to concentrate. Whenever we celebrate diwali with others, they try to teach me the whole process of preparing for pooja, frankly I don't understand, there is no peace in there for me if we care too much about external factors like flowers and prasad. Instead for me just sitting in one corner left alone is way more spiritual. While we were singing in front of tv like modern know it alls ( self righteousness is a bitch ) he would stop singing in pauses, at the end he's like ohh I like listening to your voice more than hers. Hmmmmmmm love love, thanks krishna for giving me this fulfilling moment with him.

When people text us to meet, its scary, they are going to share work stories restaurant stories and the worst of them loud concert fun. So we take at least a day to answer, by that time they make other plans and we are off :)

Hmm another day another class going to start in an hour. Today two people called up, my sister and a friend of mine. Both of them are so stressed with relatives, my sister keeps complaining how much hers don't respect boundaries, in some indian households its unfortunately considered rude to keep your privacy. My friend is getting divorced, she wants him to pay for 8 years of marriage. I don't agree with her, he could be an asshole he evicted her he insulted her but if he is such a scum why would you want his money, why are you stalking him on facebook. I asked her if she does yoga, same answer at home hmm it doesn't work unless you trained for years, breathing calmness spirit to do more is more in a class. What she is doing is living in her own vicious circle of pain. To come out, just sign the papers and let him loose. Revenge will waste your time money energy and most of all your peace. Ohhh most of the people call me to vent out which is never exhausting because most of the times I am not paying attention. Its like you know the practical solution and so decide to not honor their painful journey. They  must hate me.


NAMASTE
Quieter you become, more you can hear :)










No comments:

Post a Comment