About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Monday, January 9, 2017

Yoga break is good :)

Every one who hates planning knows how much troublesome it can be to be on a vacation especially if it involves missing your favorite yoga time. I know it was with a super heavy heart I accepted to miss 6 days of my practice.

Turned out that was the best investment on my strength and flexibility. See when you make it a routine for months, your body gets used to the pattern of it. What it expects is a little burn everyday but never gets time for fast healing if you push more. Also, stagnancy comes in poses. You are not pushing enough and doing the same level of stretches everyday. 

When we returned from our portland vacation, my 45 days challenge was on. To make up for lost days, I decided to plunge into it with 2 classes every day which is difficult for someone like me who loses all the energy in that one hour.  Guess what, it worked. In fact, more determination rolled in. In my first two day yoga  second class, I literally fell in forward fold haha silly me was like fuck you weak body. As you tell your brain you are not going to back off, brain prepares body to put up with more :) Thats how you win.

Break helped me in kind of resetting my body brain to prepare for war ahead. I slept all the 5 days, ruined my vacation a bit which is a different post all together. 

As a new trying yogi, my advice would always be to take at least a week break after 5 months and then jump into yoga with thousand times more energy and enthusiasm. It will kick off your practice, trust me. 

NAMASTE



No comments:

Post a Comment