About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Things You Hate About Me

Ohh I had the most fab weekend ever. My idea of the best time spent is do-nothing weekend. No cooking, no shopping, no eating out, no beach nothing at all. We drank on friday night, got up late on saturday, played borderlands all day long after egg and bread. I started playing borderlands a long time ago, have played it zillion times as lilith. This time I chose brick fists. Anyways after that, we ate yummy biryani chole made in power cut time. Then an afternoon nap, ohh couldn't get better than this. Woke up, played again, had more chole. It was all so relaxing. On sunday, again woke up late, went to mcdonalds to have regular burgers, ate them for lunch dinner, played played played, saw some stupid movie awakening and cursed the director. Bought some double decker and pineapple pastry, finished it. Borderlands followed by maggi. Everything was picture perfect. On weekends like these, you know why you are married and why you should stay married committed always. Companionship is so important.

So finallly 10 things he hates about me and I hate about me sometimes too :

1) I don't like to cook, even if I try I can't cook : I don't like cooking, i am not a natural at it. Have to try hard like really really concentrate on how everything has to go. Its so mind boggling to me. Still what comes out is not even edible sometimes. Its so frustrating for him to eat and me to bear with the outcomes. Just yesterday he ate and was literally like taste it taste it and kind of hit me on the leg. I got so scared and then he said the most humiliating thing. I once told him about this guy who would beat up his wife and poured hot tea into her blouse. So my husband goes like, she must have made bad tea so finally husband did that to her,I wish i could do that or just kick you out or make you drink in a gulp for making me feeling so helpless, nothing you cook is good chapati paratha, i hate you so much.
Obviously we didn't talk for next 6 hours and he came to apologise. But why can't i cook??? Sometimes i nail the dishes but can't replicate them ever.

2) I don't like having guests anyday anytime anyone :  Hmm this is the troublesome thing in our relationship too. As soon as the guest and date is announced, freak attacks panic symptoms start showing up. My husband starts planning what to cook, what i have to do which believe me is minimal. The whole stuffing of house makes me a weirdo. Its just irritating enough for him too. Sharing space with someone else, sharing bathroom drives me mad. Must have some borderline disorders i guess.

3)  I am not into community dress up functions and social gatherings : The more I write, more I am convinced I am some anti social maniac. I don't like formal events, going for dinner to someone's house. Poor things dress up cook for us and then sometimes even give the cash. Its so planned and boring. Why can't people be cool like ohh yeah letz go to a restaurant dressed casually, the whole family mess is so overwhelming. The most important time is when they all enter in hoards in kitchen and I am just left to talk around with kids or male members.

4) I do not have a job : Getting first three jobs was so easy and motivating. Now after this break, I am not even trying. We could live in a bigger apartment, eat better, stay in some awesome beach view villa if I just step out and make some money. I am like a leech who just sucks everything out and gives nothing back. Totally hate myself for this aspect of life. It comes in handy when i am always there to open door or be the happier person giving it to him. But its pathetic.

5) I share with my momma and sisters : Okay I know as much as I hated my mother coming and pointing out what i wasn't doing with house, I would love having an afternoon tea or some supper with her sometime in the week. She lives too far and there is nothing better than a mother daughter sister gossip. Its like they totally get us. Nothing in us is too weird for them to contemplate. But uh sharing something nasty my husband did or his mum said is kind of crossing the line. But that sheer joy of understanding and approval ohh feels so satisfactory.

6) I don't want to get along with his cousins : This is like the ultimate notion. Why won't I even try? I just shut them down by saying stupid things or saying they are too immature to be in lovey dovey phase. Or sometimes they are teenagers to start with. I know we can't be friends but I could at least be cordial like or human like. Its wrong of me, so much wrong that people start referring me through him. Losing personality. Perhaps one day they will all stop talking to him because i am too proud to speak up. Who am I to judge other girls, reject them from my life. Its utterly awfully immature of me.


7) I never shout, I never reply, I never fight back : Fighting is important for a couple to survive relationship. They say if a couple fights properly, there is more probability of them lasting quite long together. When someone shouts at me, i go numb and dumb, totally start shutting off the other person. I just go silent. Not even a word, just staring with that blank look. People say the expression is so blank its like you will die banging on the wall trying to understand what she is upto. One time we fought and i mailed him within an hour that my flight ticket was ready to go. He was so surprised because my face never reflected the anger and humiliation to lead me to hometown. The feelings need to be said out, its healthy to vent them out. Me, i am just not in the mood ever to speak up over anything unless it becomes emergency and there is no option but to leave the person.


No comments:

Post a Comment