About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Vacation Division Algorithm with in-law constraints

Its been 6 months of marriage, major holidays are coming up and I know what is eventually gonna happen. The tug of war between parents and in-laws is usually heavier on guy's side when it comes to spending time. Its like they have a family they must necessarily have quality time with, on the other side my family is just a bunch of relatives to pay visit to, kinda mere formality. My sister is coming, the whole new house thing of my parents and I miss all of that for over social meetings. Yeah sure where your husband is, you should be but can't we just split at the time of holidays. I could be at my hometown lazing around, visiting zoos with my real sister and he could do the same with his extended family of outnumbered cousins.


The cooking part with mum-in-law drives me crazy because I just don't like cooking, especially deep fried dumplings or cholesterol dipped curries people take immense pride in. So poor her, she is not getting her lost never born daughter ever, but my mother who is also not into cooking would love me there. My mum-in-law is an ideal one, seriously like those loving ones who will teach you to any extent, support you, love you like a daughter, guide you into family functions etc etc. The best ones you could get in indian market. Seriously, her luck failed when her son decided to marry me. Major festivals involve lot of cooking, lot of relatives coming into house, lot of fake laughs, lot of kids, lot of old people, lot of bad jokes. Its not anyone's part to play, its just cool with my family where noone comes to our house. Just four of us fighting, eating plain food and closing curtains to avoid noise pollution.


Vacation division worked fine last time when i had the right to choose when to leave from my mum's house as i didn't book the ticket in advance. But this time its different, we first land there and then i get to see my parents which is awful because I don't know if they will let me leave that sooner. My husband says I can leave next day, but history is gonna repeat and he will give in to what his mum with puppy face explains to him. Its so frustrating to be married when holidays come. I almost forgot sareeeee is what i will wear on diwali. That makes me even more sad now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment