About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I am not weird..Finally got him in my shoes :)

Okay so all this time I thought why am i so weird, why can't i be normal around people in my small apartment. And finally my parents, thankfully my parents came and made me realize it is about familly zone. Its just so comfortable and easy around them. Yes it felt a bit congested, the whole apartment but I didn't feel the heat at all like I would normally go through when his parents or his brother come. They had hotel reservations, no staying overnight, just dinners and some evening trip to beach. I could see the not so comfort zone of my husband and it gave me such relief. He was like oh we should have gone outside for dinner, we should have seen movie, i didn't like food from your mom, i felt out of place. Hahaha the last one hour with them was the most torturous for him i guess. They did nothing to offend him, they were totally nice and didn't ask about any personal thing. He tried to cook, they praised it but in involved so much hard work and interference from my mom, he swore never to cook with her again.

That look, that bored attitude look, that struggle to live up to the expectations, all of it was so satisfactory. Don't know if he will remember the experience for long or not, or he will just blame my parents for the whole not so comfortable environment, i am just happy that he felt what i have been trying to explain to him for so long. I am not weird, i am not abnormal, i do adjust to a certain point. How mothers fathers are just one person's and can't be extended to spouse. Its so awesome. I love it. First day they came for 6 hours another day 5 hours. Just 11 hours and he was so miserable. Well, I was too, Its not healthy for our relationship. But he has to know its inconvenient. No parent is cool enough to live with us. No sibling is fun enough to be in our bedroom for weekend.

Next time we go for diwali, i will make sure he stays at my parents house completely for at least 4 days. So he will realize how it is when he insists on spending more time at his family house in a place full of relatives.

I am not that bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment