About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

No more tea, how I left tea

I love love love tea. I could have been one of those bankers who gulped buckets of tea unconsciously in the name of work or even boredom. Alcohol, cannabis was far easier to give up. Tea addiction is the one that took me time to come terms with. Typical black indian tea is the one I am talking about.

First of all, of course I thought everything is out, why should I kick tea out too? Its pretty harmless right. Two reasons convinced me. Its a stimulant we use to have some sort of life back as evening approaches or give an electric start to mornings. When tea is not around, headaches appear. Now that kind of dependency is not required in life. Even if it is not dependency, its almost like alcohol, as soon as you are out of it, you try to get back slyly as if everything is cool. Another reason was it wasn't really healthy or serving any purpose, it was useless addition to life. Indians never really drank tea, Britishers brought it, cultivated it. We fell for it, it became a royalty symbol for slaves who wanted to somehow copy their masters. Bang, decades later we are addicted.

How to get rid of this habit? I can only tell what worked for me. After a lot of relapses to tea, I figured by shutting it off all of a sudden, it will just confuse my body and it will crave it even more. So slowly, every day I reduced the amount of tea in cup, within  a week it was just 1/8 tsp tea  which is just for the color. Somehow, I fooled my body by reducing slowly and it worked. Continued another week but once in two days and then by the end of the week, bam done I was done with tea forever.

I did get some minor headache but didn't give in to the compulsion of just a bit this time. There is no need to pop a pill too, pill is caffeine too so thats another way of getting it back in system.

Honestly, energy is so much more organic than before. Hopefully, I won't give in to this temptation again. With that one spoon sugar is gone too. Sugar free too. Little changes are so big for the body. Try leaving tea , coffee. Your body will thank you, you will feel it. Control gives confidence too. After a while, you won't even control, it will be like I don't need it dude.




Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment