About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Alcohol Cannabis out Meditation in

Whoops this post was the least expected one. I mean me leaving alcohol was kind of coming up but cannabis aah that was a life changing decision.  Honestly, cannabis brought meditation in our lives too so this is such a betrayal from our side. We dumped cannabis for spiritual trials.

Some moments, some decisions pop up suddenly with age and degrading body. Its like it's meant to be but a few years are given to reach that on your own. It was truly fun while it lasted but more important things were queued up in life.

With intoxicants, you kind of crave for them. Loads of excitement, fun, happiness does come with it but it doesn't last long then of course there's hangover. If you can be high on life without all of these, why not right?

Well, of course meditation will take time. Its a practice that needs a lot of patience. It needs mind and body alignment so this is not going to be easy but hopefully all will be worth it. Anyways, alcohol wasn't really a long term solution and cannabis creates a layer between us and mind. Honestly, everything we eat everything we drink, its all for happiness. Its important to recognize when they become just a habit. When we start drinking, smoking as a ritual not for fun, end is near. Most of us just drink on weekends so none of us are really addicts.  Exit is just a state of mind for us.

I am not going to be a hypocrite and be one of those who want to preach and ban everything they are not on. I think both of them improved my life in those moments, gave me more freedom from my small town personality, they helped me dance when I couldn't dance sober, they helped me express when I was shit scared normally, they introduced sadhguru to us. So enjoy till you can and when you feel like, you can leave them too. Just don't get addicted. Have fun with everything in control.

 Its your life, you decide but do try meditation.

No comments:

Post a Comment