About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Meditation phase temptation :)

Well, its really easy to take resolutions, whats difficult is following through. Some people give up with the easiest route, make a silly excuse like I don't even have the time to do it, some people actually try for like a week and then come up with the excuse hmm I really don't have the time, then there are others who know this is not a way out process. You are either totally in or eating out hehe see what I did there. I personally favored postponing tool which is like someday maybe translated to never in my life because I was too fucking lazy. I am trying to get rid of bad habits, they slow us down pull us down. Its like running a marathon with weights with no whatsoever intentions of winning, trying and winning need different amounts of determination and will.

You might say I am trying to act too smart here calling your genuine life problems excuses, so your husband has an early meeting, you wake up early prepare lunch on that day right because you really wanted to and there was no other way. In situations where we don't really want to be involved,we come up with all kinds of meaningful logical excuses. Next time your mind throws an excuse, pause repeat the question and really really think how can I do it and how will it affect your life?

So this phase of meditation is temptations. Everything that we gave up is striking, pulls us in that direction, if we give in to temptation, we resent learn a new lesson and we are back on your path even more focussed. Its like you have been warned. All kinds like eating, tv, laziness, movies, sulking come back with more power, they catch you in the weakest moment like a tiger waiting to attack its prey when its most unguarded and vulnerable. The path is pretty steep though, if you are not careful, the loop of worldly materialism is back on route. Old patterns look comfortable to fall back into but in long term we are just sleeping on our own ikea cactus bed.

There will be days or weeks in stretch when nothing will happen in meditation. I see it like yoga, for months there are no improvements in my yoga, my dancer pose has been stuck for an year, but that doesn't mean the body is not working. When big changes are on way, it takes time to unfold them in their full picture. If we give up in between, we stop the process.

All we have to do is just do it, what will we gain out of gaming, tv, eating. We did it all our lives, got nothing out of it just entanglements and more knots in life. It was fun but it doesn't complete us. So meditation to me seems like the only way, the only adventure of life I want to be on. It is an adventure, there are so many moments where instantly I realize  what is going wrong, how I can be better next time. Its life changing phenomenon of course it will take years. We gathered all this rubbish in minds, its not easy to recycle this kind of garbage.


 I will do what is needed of me, nothing less nothing more.




No comments:

Post a Comment