About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

How we spend time with my parents :)

I wanted to do so many activities with my parents in bhopal, even though we had less time than expected, we managed to accomplish all of them. Except the parts where I could eat, sleep, walk with them, just live a lazy day like we used to as a family. Well, you don't get it all, some times you get better deals when you bargain for less.

Meditation sessions : My dad found us a guy who would sit with us for meditation. All of us tried heartful meditation with this awesome volunteer. This was a new experience, practicing syncing energies with my family and it was wonderful. I felt this calmness, tranquility passing through our souls. With every meditation session, it was better. The ambience of his house, birds chirping outside, the stillness of moments. I think that is what you need. Meditation has so many stages, first stage is always beautiful like you see a new blooming flower.

Gayatri temple : This temple is like our family temple. Actually, we did go for some pooja  which was nice too. I grew up listening to mantras, performing yagnas with my mother. For me, sitting in a sunderkand or ramayan or listening to bhajans is like reliving childhood, I deeply enjoy it. So back to gayatri temple, we saw their yoga class, meditation room, healthy cows, super healthy juices, accupressure walk. It was like someone bundled all your favorite things in one place and made it. I saw a newly born calf barely walking aah this one is like a recorded video in mind.

Meditation lesson: My dad gave us some information on meditation. All that he has extracted from books and his own practice. It was huge of him to share it. Hmm its also not about information or knowledge, its more like someone's effort of improving your life that counts.

Bhaang : My bhaang thandai birthday was epic. Sitting with more people and having conversations was something I never imagined going with bhaang but it was aah truly the best trip in months as in high trip not trip trip. My dad opened up, shared some of his stories like how osho addressed him in school, my mom made jokes like she always does, my sis well I think she didn't let it in but it was fun. How my mom literally brought her mortal pestel to make it authentic how my dad went out and stacked up all our favorite foods ohh life surprises you. I never wanted to cut cake but even that moment was special, yoga cake aahh sometimes I wonder what if I could just meet them once in a month and hang out but nah going back India is not going to work anymore, luxuries of life have spoiled me. I choose this wonderful silent beautiful place.

Birla temple : We like temples I guess. Birla temple had so many religious quotes written all over but we never read them. First time, we stopped, read, tried to understand. Temples should always be near nature. So much peace resonates in those structures. If your house is like a temple, imagine how much it will help in meditation. Tried some yoga poses with my sister. Its awesome when you have like minded people around. So you don't hang out just because they are family but because there is so much to learn while having fun.

Poha jalebi : This also wasn't planned. I had my own reservations against eating outside but it was awesome. Again, a little bit of yoga discussion, a lazy dog, piping hot jalebis and poha and more conversations. I don't really know how it could be better.

Yoga : Okay so every college session, i gained weight and every vacation, my mom made me do yoga to lose that weight. In fact before I stepped out of home, she got me for 4 months and I turned into this lean person. She will always be my first yoga teacher, whatever flexibility lies with me is all her doing. Whatever no care attitude lies in me is because of my dad, the  power to say okk its done what can we do about it lets move on is one of the sentences that was repeated so many times in my home.
So finally I got to show my yoga practice. To which they said, this should not be shared just experienced, we love that you are doing great, it makes us proud but stop putting your pics out there hehe.

My mom drove car : So I knew my mom learned how to ride a bicycle just recently. Then one day we go off to a ground and scared me is contemplating how to run back to avoid getting behind car wheel and boom my mom starts driving like a pro. Whaaaat she's got that will and determination. It blew my mind.

Walks on dam: Well it wasn't walks, just one walk but it is always good. The sunrise, they see how I am walking, how much weight I should lose from where, hmm i don't mind when they advise, it just shows they care. accepting implementing good parts of it is in my hands.Then there are my dad's friends we stop and chat with .  Walks and talks and then we all start racing, then there is this temple where we stop, take my favorite prasad nariyal chironji aha and then there is another temple with a cow dog idling around. I love that there are so many stray animals fed happily by people. They get freedom, people get little affection.

Long sessions on being strong : And we had these super long sessions on how its time for me to get stronger, more independent. How i have to stop being lazy putting off my work on others, take up my responsibilities and just be more social but unattached. Hehe this one is like a full post material.

Getting ready for wedding: When my parents came for wedding, I didn't have a lot of time for them. Whenever we met, we had tea which is my fav drink, my mom saw me dancing having fun, my dad took pictures of me and mom, my mom went with me to parlour, parlour lady had backpain so we somehow convinced her to guide and my mom would drape the saree. These little moments of coordination and simplicity are the base of my life. I don't know its just all perfect setting for me. I got some shopping time with my sister too.

I feel like this was the trip that made our bond stronger in a karmic sense with less attachment. Now all my mom talks about is bk shivani.  We discuss her videos, my sister practices meditation, life moved in right direction for all of us.

We were all born flawless. Lets get back to that naive simple quality.



Thanks

NAMASTE

No comments:

Post a Comment