About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Whats up with my yoga

I got so much immersed in india trip and recovering from india trip, anemia diagnosis, meditation side effects  yoga got sidelined. If I had to change one thing in me, it would be not taking this long to get back into my routine of food and exercise. Lets take this instance, I have been trying to pick up a new activity tabata running swimming or walking at least and nothing has started yet, why because laziness in me thinks I can always do it tomorrow. There are always thousand excuses why it is not good for today.  Either we stop going india or I stop messing up less. People like me are the reason fitness trainers earn so much.

So frankly, I don't see a lot of progress made in last 3 months. Its not my intuition, a lot of pics prove it. This year has not really seen much improvement in me. A bit here and there in terms of flexibility but that is easy part. In an interview, a yoga teacher said the asana that you find most difficult in terms of body and focus is actually your asana. So if we go by that, handstands are the one, for me probably headstand to start with. The book that my mother gave me also explicitly says you don't have to practice difficult asanas, with time you will be able to do them so advanced bikram class and all those bendy moves, perhaps they don't need that much effort, actually they don't, after some classes I realized I was there to merely see how much I can easily do not how much I can't do. In fact there were some moves that were near perfection and they lost flow too. I am bending knees to meet head again, my head was almost on knee in standing head to knee pose, its far now, again I have to work on it. Sometimes things go backwards too. I can give a trail of excuses but excuses are just fool's ways of convincing to be sub standard average normal hamsters.

How to make progress there where you really really want it and somehow neither your body nor your mind boosts you enough? Hmm practice I guess. More more more practice for me in next 6 months so I make something of me this year. A better version should be launched every new year. New year is not just for boozing anymore. Aaah love this little hope of getting stronger better.

All one can do is get up fast, collect the practice experience and quickly move ahead. There is no time to think why what when, just do it.




Thanks,
NAMASTE








No comments:

Post a Comment