About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Annual Physical Exam US : What to expect How does it go

After staying in US for almost 2 years, finally my dizziness that endangered my yoga led me to fixing an appointment for this. You just register on your provider website, then find a primary care doctor on zocdoc and get the appointment. Pretty simple. Reach at least 20 minutes before your appointment just so you can relax, you will be asked to fill easy forms for check in and boom you are in their system forever. It might take like 45 minutes for this so I would say go alone. Carry your identity proof and insurance card.

Okay so I was pretty nervous for the pap smear thing and also like how does it go, where do you sit, what do you wear blah blah.

What to expect huh just regular questions on your health, medications, pregnancies, diet, chronic illnesses in your family, any pain that you are observing, smoking drinking. They are all normal things you will know about. If you tend to forget or there is something specific you are going for, write it down. All the symptoms, your last period date, length of periods, how much you bleed, yeah just normal invasive questions for your own health.

Then she will ask you to wear  a robe and be ready for when the doctor comes. Again, this robe might be a little uncomfortable for some but just go with it. Don't think too much about anything. Go with the flow. Doctor comes, she will make you really comfortable, ask you more questions, address your pains and concerns, then she will examine your body physically. Relax, just relax, follow her instructions, let her do her job. Its her everyday every patient's routine. You are not the first one or last one. She will tell you what when she wants from you, just listen to her and it will all be done in some minutes. You wouldn't feel a thing normally.

If you are really nervous, just tell the doctor in beginning this is your first time and they will take extra care in explaining it slowly.

Nurse will take your blood, if you are going just once, take an early appointment like 8.30 and do the fasting, have nothing but water before exam. That will help you finish all tests in one day.

If you have any confusions, just ask the nurses or doctors. They are all super cooperative, polite people. Their job depends on telling people they are dying but still there is hope.

Now, receptionist will check you out and you are done. They might ask you to set up a portal where you can access all your tests results.Do that, it really helps.  If there is something wrong with your results, doctor might discuss it with you on another appointment. For example, I had low hemoglobin so she called me up to know what might have caused it and prescribed supplements. You can choose a pharmacy when nurse asks you, the closest one will do. Now when its time to pick your medications, call pharmacy before you start, confirm and pick it.

See, its so nice and procedural. Be on time. Be honest with doctor. And just chill. Its just a physical exam. Ohh other women are birthing babies while we worry about our minor yoga problems.  I can't run for like a month now ( I never ran in my life still the fact that I can't makes it worse) , my advice if you ever feel dizzy or abnormal unhealthy, get it checked asap.

 I could have been in advanced classes rocking my moves, but here I am waiting to recover with pills and their side effects.As soon as I get up, its all lightheaded, dizzy, pains. If I walk or run, I am out of breath in 2 minutes.  It sucks because sick people are careless fs for world. How could you not take care of urself hehe. Mean me is like I ate everything you ate, how come I am the only sick one here. Is this the curse of womanhood? Hehe I get dramatic.

 I am gonna gobble all those kale spinach beet brocolli anemic shakes and kick this thing out for real. Why everything that I hate has iron :( Worst part, I thought I was eating good but then your body kicks you and your mind says just die you moron.  I am kind of frustrated because it attacked my yoga and happiness. Peace Peace yay I am naturally high dizzy.

Don't worry too much. You all will be fine. Me well expect angry depressed posts this june.




No comments:

Post a Comment