About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Thursday, May 11, 2017

My India trip Part 3 :) Birthday Unplanned

I had so many plans for my birthday which kind of was my mistake. We missed a few flights ;), we reached on my birthday morning and everyone's mind was scrambled up in indian heat till then. Worst timing ever. Hehe should have just missed train and stayed in gurgaon was the first thought as I got down from train.

Our mind exaggerates the situation sometimes. It was playing tricks with me, got me all emotional. Well, my husband of course came to rescue. Just relax, sit down and let it flow. Don't react to it.

What also hit me was everyone around me is so simple and normal, I might have escalated it into a tv serial drama. If you start looking at others' pain and confusion, you just want to hug them with all the love and compassion. Attachment is the root of problems. Should we not be attached? My next whole post is dedicated to how I  looked at this. Lets get back to my birthday.

Finally, landed met everyone. All of them just wanted to celebrate my birthday, shower me with gifts. What I wanted to do was whole another thing. Another realization hit me, when we love someone so much, we don't see other's love for us or others' love for them. Ego, anger start ruling the notion of love. Dangerous combination, takes you nowhere but in your self pity guilty state.

Aah by lunch, I was with my parents cutting cake, showing yoga tricks and enjoying my day. We all sat, talked about the whole misunderstandings, pain, confusions and resolved it. Then comes the birthday gift, lot of yoga books and bhaang was the ultimate gift, yes the one you drink on holi.

Bhang brought with it a lot more deep profound talks on contemplating people, situations and accepting things for what they are. Bhang pakora, thandai, rabdi, ras malai aha all delicacies we missed in US were gorged on. The day that started with so many complaints ended up being one of the best birthday parties for me.

This birthday just didn't give me company of my parents, it helped me be my age. That child in me has to take a backseat so the world doesn't look so unfair. Its only when you grow up, you see things as they are, not how you could manipulate them to be.

I could be blabbering now, when I see this on my 40th birthday , older me will laugh at this trying to be wiser post.

Thanks

Namaste




No comments:

Post a Comment