About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

My first advanced bikram class :)

Yay my first advanced bikram class or should I say happiest hours of my life. The feeling of boredom was sinking in. It was like there was this series of poses we did everyday, improvements were less visible. No goal was in sight. I felt like there were another 2 years of a fixed process.

Then out of the blue came this advanced bikram class. When I asked my yoga teacher, he was like you might not be able to do anything but it will be fun. Hmmm not the sort of encouragement you look for, heyy its better than disappointment that creeps up on my face after yang class. He was just trying to keep me grounded.

Finally the day came, my yoga mat arrived. We keep doing camels, spine strengthening religiously. This class is the payback time. Obviously I wasn't perfect in the poses but some of them came to me naturally. My body was ready for the challenging bends. Feeling of accomplishing after a long wait is like the taste of water in a humid desert.

If you ever feel bored in your practice, try pinterest for advanced bikram poses. I think it will cheer you up as you get into these ridiculous looking bends. There is always so much to look forward in yoga especially as a beginner a whole new world awaits. Finding new classes, new practices, new bends is all magic for me. The best part of yoga is people are crossing thresholds of body control. Then there is always calisthenics for the gymnastics in you.

There was another fun class that included cameras. They were shooting for some promotion. Well, show business is demanding. The me me who rests in the first warrior 2 pulled off all the 1 hour moves without fussing sweating. In fact it was my best yoga performance. Whenever you feel like giving up, just say to yourself "If I can do this, I can do anything in life"

NAMASTE




No comments:

Post a Comment