About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Thursday, March 30, 2017

More indian recipes to try :) Tried and tested

Our weekdays are filled with salads, veggies, pasta. Almost everything that is good for your body, soul and taste pallets get a bit of loving too. Well, not too much love though because that to me comes only from authentic indian food. Authentic indian food is not the food served in restaurants, its not the one moms stir up in 15 minutes. Its shahi khandani hmm royal yes royal.

So I am going to share 3 of my recent recipes that were a huge hit. Technically 2, my husband made the third one. Yeah, his cooking intuition is way better than mine. If you could just exchange those energies too, he would be the clumsy one for a day;).

First one is every north indian's home story, mom's spinach paneer. Lets make it in a different style this time. Give it the love it deserves.

http://www.spiceupthecurry.com/palak-paneer/

I followed this recipe with a few modifications. I used 3 big tomatoes, blended them before adding and waited till they cooked before adding onion paste. That adds depth to gravy. Also, in the end instead of cream I just added full fat milk and a little sugar.

Second one is bottlegourd kofta. Its sounds boring but trust me its to die for.

http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/lauki-kofta-lauki-kofta-curry/

Again a few changes from my side. For koftas, I added grated carrot, peas, kasuri methi, raisin, corriander alongwith bottlegourd and rest of recipe.  It became a little moist so bread crumbs helped and added to crustiness of the koftas. No chillies for me.

Then for gravy, instead of sugar I added honey. Upped tomatoes to 4. In the end to make gravy more rich, I added cut cashews with raisins almonds. And yes, full fat milk instead of cream. I wanted to add pomegranate seeds on top but nah that would have made it too fancy. Next time for sure.


Third one is dal baati. Everyone loves it. Its healthy, its heavy, its easy to make.

http://www.manjulaskitchen.com/dal-bati/

We replaced ghee with full fat yogurt and it didn't change the taste. In fact batis came out softer.


Feast on.

Thanks....


No comments:

Post a Comment