About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Thursday, October 20, 2016

La Belle Vie : Naukuchiatal Bnb : Wonderful Serene Heaven

When we decided to go India for a month, a random voice said why not end it with a mini vacation with family. And this is what turned up.

So came La Belle Vie bnb. Have you ever dreamed of living in hill station in an artistic wooden house? This one is so much more than that. Its located a little farther after nainital. You will find their listing on airbnb. As our trip was coming to an end, with our families we took train to delhi which is really torturous for spoiled people. Then we took taxi to this place, all the while it was raining and I wished it was worth all the effort. Rocks were falling all over the road.

First of all, people who manage this place are super helpful. They will guide you in bestest way possible. As soon as we reached, he showed us the rooms which trust me were to die for. You feel like you have reached a sort of parallel heaven. First look is so impressive, you get immersed in it. Ohh the house is designed beautifully, its like you want to bid and buy it then and there. I am posting some pictures too. Rooms are really spacious although I do wish washrooms were a little more presentable. They have everything you might need. Ohh and the stairs to the upper mini floor with lights, hmm some one really put heart into this place.












The lake is just around the corner. As you can see, its serenic and peaceful as not many tourists come this side of nainital. I do recommend a boat ride just for the fun of it. My parents arrived around 8pm and guess what whole road was full of glow worms. Aha I told you heaven. Then as my husband and Mahesh who will be described in a full paragraph ahead went out, mahesh told us leopard comes out to hunt there. Well, they came back safely so probably leopard wasn't hungry.

Mahesh now ohh god he is the chef of the house. You ask him for anything and he will make it. Of course there is a menu. He is a pahari chef so instead of going for regular north indian food, take his advice. Do try his daal, gosh I so wish I could just live and eat there all my life. His version of omelette is so much better than any other. How can I forget those parathas and khichdi and that kitchen? I am telling you each and every part of home is perfect. Live there to know it. Mahesh is also the caretaker so once a day he cleans up the rooms. Did I mention his pakoras and tea are to die for? Aaaah Mahesh hehe. We wouldn't have survived hotel food, I am so thankful for homemade food there. On our way back, we stopped in some manga dhaba, as soon as we ate food we got stomachache. I would recommend packing food from Mahesh too. Such a fan article. 

I love dogs and this place is full of them, friendly ones. We met and petted almost 6 dogs on the street. I guess hill station dogs are simple minded too. Then there is pasha labrador, ask about pasha when you go. We played with him almost every evening. 












If you are a morning person and love nature with a peaceful quiet setting, you must try this one on your next india visit. Just the taxi ride can be a bit tiring so keep that in consideration. Its so worth the money and time.







No comments:

Post a Comment