About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

My body loves yoga : here's why

I have been doing yoga for like 2 months and its a pretty short time to even see long term effects. Its not weight loss that took me to yoga, it was kind of an itching feeling of having tried everything to feel fit and relaxed at the same time. You can do beachbody insanity workouts you can do tabata dailyburn or even try your cross fit trainer, nothing will ever compare to the stability and strength yoga will promise from first day. Although I might have to couple together one of these with yoga because abs are not made in yoga studio.

The changes huh the first and foremost change was pms is gone, all my life I had pms symptoms like weight gain bloated tiresome, may be I wasn't a healthy kid didn't eat right didn't sleep right. May be all of that corrected together aligned with yoga brought the results. That problem has vanished, its kind of a cliche when women start experiencing body issues, yoga is eradicating them for me. Its such  a relief, never wanted to be a grumpy oldie. So all chakras activated or at least flowing together is really good for a woman's body. One of my yoga friends said this, she joined gym for a while and then came back to join yoga along with. She said its really mystical how yoga treats us from day one. Its a blessing for a woman.

Second one was noticed by my husband who within a month told me you have to keep doing whatever you are doing eating. In his stalker language, your body is taking all the right curves and burning all the faulty ones and flexibility is a bliss. Okay, haha we know what he wants and he did convey it in the tharkiest way possible ;) Yep, your body is going to burn fat from where it should, it will not even touch the curves you are supposed to have. Your face will not lose fat, the process is really slow though so be patient with yoga. If you had to start yoga, be your fit self and then start. It might not burn extra fat if its a lot.

Third third you feel more confident in general life. Yoga gives you a vision where somehow you start feeling more capable, your conversations with people are more profound, you don't put extra effort where you shouldn't . Perhaps you start seeing minor setbacks as nothing but experience. You are more yourself. I realized a lot of other things like work isn't important, do what you love blah blah. Earlier it was all on my mood energy if I can walk into a coffee shop and talk. I had anxiety issues, yoga is healing that too. It gives you individuality, you feel like everyone else is the same so you don't see anyone above or below. Sometimes I think may be when we practice, our practices of yoga are different, some people bend more some people rest on mat more but we all start and finish together. That is life, aint it. Live your life your version of fullest, not some facebook socialite fullest. Because that my friends is gonna fade.

Ooh I love this one, the posture. You start sitting upright your shoulders that were rounded by loads of work or hours of laziness are looking up. With yoga, you are also always pushing. To this day, I am not doing chaturanga right, hehe my instructors keep saying my name to correct me. I asked my instructor why some days are tough and very wisely she replied its because you expect. Hmmm if you go mindlessly expecting nothing, you do good. Same goes for this world of illusions.

I get embarrassed less. Well, I was the kind of person who would apologize even to a barista for wasting her 10 seconds. It was like I owed something to this world. It could be the kind of insecurities that dwell up when you see yourself lesser. Yoga took care of that too. We are practising and I pop my knee, guide makes a joke about chiropractor and done. Hehe my mat makes weird noise and still its okk. For first time in life, I actually shared a public washroom while camping. So yeah all of these things let you know its all cool, there is nothing to get embarrassed about, just walk up and shine. Be calm be gentle, no one knows you so there is really no need to prove too. Care about your day, be polite to people if someone can't respond its the kind of thing they should work on not you.


I see people as they are. Hmm some of the credit will go to cannabis and sadhguru videos. Even though you might realize, its difficult to accept some people's behavior towards you. Its enlightening when you can be in their shoes and empathize. It must look like a borrowed article from google but its all my experience. One of our relatives always made rude comments or taunts, this time I retaliated and fought back, nah not the solution because if you do it first time, you will always be agitated which is worse. So next time I just sat peacefully and put same thing across in milder words expressing my notion of the situation. That helped. Even if we get angry or shout or worry, its us who suffers, others just mock our lack of control.  So if a sister in law comments on your hair color, just say thanks, don't look into the implications double meaning plots haha, no one is stealing your property. Let them be, people mature at different rates.

What I want eventually to happen would be me loving everyone and not judging situations people places kids. Hehe that is the goal.

NAMASTE










No comments:

Post a Comment