About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

How to have a safe hot yoga practice : Before after yoga

Lets add a disclaimer first- All the experiences are my own, it could vary person to person. So under no circumstances I guarantee this will work but it worked for me.


Here's the list of before after hot yoga practice that should help your body prepare and recover from that hot room that makes you haute like seriously victoria secret haute.

Hydrate hydrate hydrate : Wake up at least 2 hours before yoga class. Finish drinking 2 litres in that span slowly slowly. Eventually it becomes a habit and you don't mind gulping all that water. My 500 ml water in yoga class literally drags through whole week as my body is well hydrated.

Emergen c: I manage with emergen c. You can choose any of the products in the category and take it 45 minutes before class. So when you are in there sweating, it will help replenish lost salts.

Chill pal towel : I got it from amazon and it works. It cools you down instantly. So invest in one of these towels.

Sturdy mat : You don't have to buy all the expensive mats and towels. Its cool with just one mat. Basic necessities of life. Its cool but who wants to carry 10 things to yoga class.

Clothing : Before joining yoga, seemed to me people practicing it always wore shorts or like a cool tank top or just a sports bra. I am a shy introvert so even if I turn into a model, my t shirt and leggings would be the outfit in yoga class. It doesn't matter. Everyone sweats, if you are conscious wear a simple cotton t shirt with fitted leggings whatever is comfortable.

Food  before: I go for noon class so sometimes I do eat chapati curry around 10am. If I go for 8am class, I have to have light breakfast. You need energy to pull off the moves in there. Get a jar full of assorted nuts, your favorite ones walnuts raisins figs dates and eat before class after class. Don't go on a full stomach but never starve. Have apples bananas berries. Pretty soon you will be eating for fun. Yoga kind of takes you to a healthier meal too.

Food after : So if you already had lunch, come back start with yogurt which is my favorite. I make it in yogurt maker hehe lazy people. Then you can munch on cantaloupe melons a little toast with almond butter honey. Yogurt helps a lot in cooling down and its good. Have boiled eggs omelette anything that you like. Once in a week, go for those cliche green drinks kale spinach honey and all the weird ingredients.

What else do we need hmm a little motivation okk so what do you think when you do yoga.
I would say don't think anything. Just listen to your yoga guide and body. Never over stretch over breathe, stay calm. If an asan is testing you, give it time. Some days you will do your best, other days you will merely survive. Its not about doing asan, its just about showing up with integrity to do it. That doesn't mean you stop trying. Do it at your pace. People will always do better or worse, find your focus point. I take about 3 breaks which is more than normal. But we are all learning. Instead of dying while doing, enjoy it and relax.

Also keep changing classes and instructors. Once you know the flow and terms, you start going for different instructors and different forms of yoga. If I am a little tired, I go for bikram. If I am all charged up, I go for my favorite instructor who focusses on core workout. When its all average and lazy, its my motivational pushy instructor. Then if you really want to learn, you will find enthusiastic young teachers who do yoga with students. Find empty classes, ohh they are wonderful. In short, try every class every teacher. It brings a change to routine and body.


Force smile and then you will start smiling naturally. Life is not complicated, yoga is not complex, we make it tough.



NAMASTE






No comments:

Post a Comment