About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Friday, January 27, 2017

Chapati, my eternal nemesis :P

How can a soft round chapati mess up your life? I mean seriously you have been married for what 5 years and still your chapatis are not done with. Clearly, born with no chef skills whatever, I rely on my memory of cooking. So if the cabbage is to be done till this crisp, I do it.

Chapati somehow confuses me all the time.All the indian breads were invented by people with hatred for women. Then they made sure no invention would ever be made to life easier.  In all the blogs, they say it should be soft and pilable. What the fuck is soft and pilable? Is there a consistency to it? Five days of me trying with different versions and nothing. Even a chimpanzee would be rolling them perfect by now. It just doesn't happen.

First I try it with milk and ghee. Then hot milk and ghee. Then half water, half milk, ghee. Then half hot water, half hot milk. Then just hot water. Then oil. Then half hot water half hot milk ghee salt oil. Nada nothing.  Now what it needs is my blood. Its soft but its not puffing up. Its puffing up but its not soft. The temperature needs to be hotter. The chapati needs to be thinner. So many permutations combinations. Makes me want to get a construction job instead. I have seen recipes from manjula to banjara. I recede bitch.


I know all you experts are laughing at my exaggeration of failure. You don't even have to think about it, do you? You just roll sing and your family is like pilsburry ad. Mine is the before using pilsburry ad.

Gosh, yesterday in yoga class my instructor came and his wife instructor is also taking class. They are making jokes on each other. He is teasing her like you know guys italian wives. My wife is so hot. How do these people get such kind of fun expressive relationships? Born in wrong country, may be if I was european or italian, some communication skills would be bang on. I just have no way of venting out except this blog. Its like my online therapy.

Damaged souls find blogging soulful. Haha I do feel better now.


Thanks

Namaste


No comments:

Post a Comment