About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Yoga practice update : My progress in last few months

Aaah my yoga practice, although all my teachers keep saying my practice has improved, its strong but in my heart I know its not even satisfactory. With yoga, whats most annoying (sorry for a negative adjective in yoga article) is it takes too much time to blend into it. The leg that should be straight in bird pose is still not there. The forehead to knee just happened. I mean its like a snail crossing through challenges that look so much easier in person. My instructors are from thailand which is like the sanctuary of yoga practitioners so when someone points out something I have been doing all the time wrong, it makes me even madder again not the perfect way to describe emotions.

In true sense, changes are visible to people around you. My husband says this is the first time in life he's seen me working for something I actually really love and enjoy. Also, my tires are gone, when I tried a dress last week and expressed how fat I looked, he pointed out it was my ribs hehe silly me. So yeah yoga will change you in ways you will never imagine. Fitness or good looking part will not even matter to you.

My water intake has increased along with more healthier food options so now I don't need emergen c or a sports towel. The heat doesn't really bother me as it used to. As of now, my corner cooling spot stays too. Instructors have been asking me to come to front row but nada my mind starts comparing killing my spirit. Also instructors are business owners so you don't have to listen to everything they say. If your body says its right, do it otherwise wait till you are ready.

I feel more confident, calmer. Previous me would have fumbled talking to people sometimes. I had anxiety issues. Yoga got rid of them. I compliment people's practices, their beauty, open doors , talk about my insecurities and our relationship has improved too. Not that it wasn't great, it was based more on my cuteness and love grabbing ability, now its more like we can discuss for hours, breakfast takes like an hour to finish. Ohh those delightful conversations on life, people, yoga, meditation. I would say there is so much on table we want to discuss. Our relationship matured, we are more understanding and thoughtful about each others' needs.

In yoga practice, its the small improvements that matter. When you get that bind or when you achieve balance in tree pose. Those small accomplishments pave the way for a more strength based practice. I tried yang and turns out it was more on your guts than strength. When everyone was kicking their legs up, my faint heart gave me several reasons not to. The conclusion that I came up with was whatever wherever you put your heart body to , you will achieve it . That simple.


As you advance through classes, practice will get slower rewards because it also gets tougher. Don't give up, keep fighting and profits to body soul are countless.

NAMASTE


Me 2 months ago, its getting colder so I barely step out for pics.


No comments:

Post a Comment