About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Monday, September 25, 2017

To preach or not: Practicing yogis

Why we preach

We preach because we want to share something special, a beautiful experience of mind body energy. We want everyone to feel and discover this subtle and powerful aspect of life. Its like no one told us so we really really want to change at least one life. Essentially may be pay it forward kind of emotion. Really really trying to help out someone lost like us.

When we preach

We preach when we see people doing same things we did before. How we wasted time on tv, movies, alcohol blah blah things. We preach when people ask us why we are not like them. We desperately want to when people go even a step further to persuade us to come back to their version of normality. Specially when we see people in pain created by their own miseries.

Should we preach

Hmm there are two aspects to it. First one is yes go preach, tell people about your experience and how you benefited without going into the details of your goal or whole bookish knowledge, just share your part of journey if someone is willing to listen. Say as less as possible without any intention of persuading or insisting on anything.  Now that person might be interested or not, be prepared to be detached from their life's decisions.
Don't go telling everyone, hmm why because until you are strong this detachment will not come easily, your meditation will get affected, you might feel why are they not realizing this is such a great venture. Still try once so you experience it for yourself.
 For me personally, it didn't work, I am not a good speaker, so even when I was saying right thing, I didn't feel like defending arguing my point to extent I would be exhausted. But then again thats me, you can always choose your own path. Also, there is no right no wrong, everyone has their own truth. Just when people attacked me, it really got to me and disturbed my meditation. When I am calmer, my defensive nature will not be at peak. I am not ready right now.
 If someone is really seeking, all it takes is just one sentence from your side. If they are not, nothing matters. You can't convince someone to be on this path, they have to be willing. Also you are not really ready to be a leader. First be ready, get clarity then you are eligible.
Would you have listened if some random person told you 5 years ago to change your lifestyle you were proudly happy in? Its so much about timing and receptivity.
If they see you change, they will come and ask, then answer what their intention is.
अधजल गगरी छलकत जाए  
कम गुण वाला व्यक्ति दिखावा बहुत करता है
Less knowledge lesser skills more blabber. An intelligent wise person is usually quiet. 

Conclusion

You could be one of those influential ones who actually make people listen and follow. If you are, use your skill. If you are not, may be focus on your own journey first. Like in planes safety instructions, first help yourself then others. Everyone is living a full life according to themselves, they think they are at their best so approaching with necessary skills is important so you don't hurt their ego or throw spiritual terms that don't make any sense to them.

 Its a super long difficult hike, other hikes are just loops that waste time and effort. Time is so crucial in this path, its just a 100 yr old time then you are born again to who knows what kind of unconscious parents, again some years to remember come back on this path. So thinking ohh let me go slow this time, I will move to other levels in next life is like delaying the process and falling in hands of destiny again.

Again this is all just my understanding of my short practice. I might be very wrong and lost so use your own judgement. Just my view of my experiences.

NAMASTE


No comments:

Post a Comment