About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Friday, February 10, 2017

My life through apartments :)

Okay I know all of us love our homes. Some of us love them to the extent where they will go for a cheaper bigger space. Others might trade it for a better safer location.

How much do I love my apartments? Well to the point where my instagram is full of just my apartment pics. Have you ever loved something so much you won't share it with any other person? Ooh ask me all sections of my home are so special that when someone thinks of coming over, I actually decide in advance which parts will be open to visitors. Hehe bedroom is off limits even if you are super heart-attack sick. If I could, even washroom would be locked.  I know right love of the apartment. When my friends bring kids which was only allowed twice, no diaper changes in my home, no touching windows, not even my soft toys are accessible. They are up there safe from button seeking ignorant toddlers.

All my homes were always sunset facing. We didn't seek them out, they just came to us. And then it became a habit. A spoiled bratty kind of expensive lifestyle if you see. Ohh my first apartment in bangalore had a window with perfect sunset view. Well, we had just met so view wasn't the highlight of the life. We did have some pigeon babies and a maid who loved us. My maids always loved me. Who wouldn't love a non interfering over paying couple who sleeps when they clean. Bangalore gave me a lot of shanthi meals and mast kalandar meals and ccd's sizzling choclate. Our R15 bike was the star. We got stuck in rains, stayed in weird motels, moved within a month of meeting each other. My dressing sense sucked. If I posted a pic from that time, it would be blast from the small town 80s.



Then came this small apartment in chennai near beach. I kind of didn't like that one. There was nothing to look out for except construction workers. But it was fun. We raised two sets of puppies there. Saw lots of beach sunrises in thiruvanmiyur, besant. Ate burgers, dosas from sangeetha kind of shops. Whenever tsunami warnings came, the air in chennai became sweeter. When you are young, nothing really matters. You drink, eat, fuck, sleep, play borderlands and feed strays. Thats life. Grocery shopping is a pain but you still do it. My cooking skills were at their lowest bottomest pit. I worked which did nothing for my personality. Never ever work in a place that has people over 50. They suck the life out of you. Worse are the ambitious crazies who think promotion matters in a place like that. I see it as a way of getting out of home. Ohh home is like a cage after 17.  More you live there, more they try to turn you into them.


Aaah my second favorite apartment came in my life. Ceebros boulevard chennai changed my life. When you choose to live in a society full of classy rich people, you raise your standards. I met amazing ladies who worked with animals, went for lunches birthdays beach outings. Ohh finally gym swimming table tennis came in our lives. Life is so crazy, it exposes you to so many things in one moment. People hate chennai for its weather, I loved it in the evenings after 5. Cool breeze and my cats. Every day it was gym, walk, talk. The setting was perfect, a chef friend, a rum lover, an awesome animal lover , a fitness freak and the best part all of them had cats or dogs around them. These people taught me how to cook, how to talk, how to just be. I just absorbed it all in. We grew up so much. We finally got our lazyboys. Our first and last pet lola made an entrance.   It kind of prepared us for the transformations ahead. I had this crazy trainer who was Mr. Chennai then there were swimming lessons by this fellow who would text me waiting for you in pool :P. There is so much to learn always. And our table tennis sessions that I would never win. Pool table where the conscious me wouldn't hit because my ass was out. My friends called me lanky girl with guy shorts. We raised more pigeon babies. Hunted the demon's forge was in. We ate drank like crazy, baked cakes, visited yercaud like 7 times.   I would have never moved unless it was my next favorite apartment.  Every person has a journey, the moment we believe we are at our best, we stop evolving. Just keep going at your own pace.



Now comes dhan dhan dhan dhan my favorite one my present apartment which is always on my instagram. Right now when I am writing, I see clouds floating around. There is nothing more beautiful than the long beautiful sunsets here. I love it so much none of my friends have seen this apartment. Hehe I don't mind shifting people to bnb for this one. Its majestically elegant. The pillar that we hated is the center of attraction. My dining view beats top restaurants. If someone ws spying on me, all they would see is this girl sitting on red lazy boy looking at tv or typing something randomly on laptop. Every window has a scenery. There is nothing I would trade this view for. Just add a balcony to this one and its perfect. My life goes around it. When I cook, in the middle of it comes the standing bow facing sunset. The thought of having a job means no one would be around to see how sun set today, how clouds floated, did rainbow come when sun and rain were together. Did I mention rainbows, ohhh I have seen 4 rainbows in a span of 30 minutes.Sometimes 2 rainbows pop up together. When it snows, its beautiful outside. When the summer comes, walks around are my dream hikes. Its like a forest on one side, city on other side. What more could you get? My perfect home. When I wake up, I see misty clouds.  When it snows, I see beautiful flakes falling down. When full moon happens, our digicam is catching planes going through it. Hmmm my love knows no bounds for this one. Then of course it has given me yoga. On clear days, beautiful snow laden mountains come behind space needle. What more can you get, hehe I am going crazy and I am not even high right now. Cranes of course are the ugliest things popping around. In the morning its beautiful when seagulls take flight from bellevue library or in night when planes go around with blinking lights or on rainy days just one road with beautiful lights. Ohh this one is kind of irreplaceable. May be we will get a penthouse next time. This one has the hottest versions of us:). God, why do stingy hoarders get all the money.




I hope my apartment luck is always on streak and we keep finding happiness in our permanent staycation spots. My precious. Who do I love more- my parents or my apartment? Hehe lets not hurt people's sentiments here.






No comments:

Post a Comment