About Me

My photo
Seattle, Washington, United States
Strive for wholeness. If you are happy and content, there is nothing more you can achieve in material world. Life is not what we think it is.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

My weekday dinners and breakfasts :)

There have been months of me slicing sweet potatoes old fashioned way. It became frustrating, time consuming and worthless effort. Then one day finally I ordered a mueller mandolin slicer. Okay, my history with knives is troublesome, no matter how blunt knife is, I find a way to cut myself. With this super sharp blade slicer and youtube, one day it happened. My finger almost sliced off, blood came pouring out, it didn't even hurt a bit. It was the expression we see in movies, someone gets stabbed and they don't even know it till they see blood.

Yeah, so now there is no way indian cooking was accessible with my hurt finger. Menu changed to salads, easy fixes every day. Breakfast wasn't really affected but dinner drastically evolved.

A few breakfast options we have are:

Oats with 1% milk, brown sugar and loads of nuts like walnuts, cashews, raisins, dates, pistachios, almonds blah blah. There is an awesome superfood trail mix on amazon. Its great with goji berries, brazil nuts etc etc.

Yogurt with granola or cereal with our favorite fruits like mango, musk melon, banana, apple, grapes, berries whatever I find in refrigerator.

Tofu scramble with bread. So many veggies can be added to tofu scramble. It usually goes with dry fruit shake made with soaked almonds, cashews, figs, dates, raisins, pista all the fav ones.

Blueberry coconut cranberry whole wheat pancakes from wholefoods mix. Eat with loads of fruits, lychee, whipped cream, maple syrup.

There are tons of other options to explore in breakfast. I am content enjoying these right now.


A few dinner options in our home are :

Spring greens, roasted nuts, mandarin orange, cranberries with maple syrup, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, himalayan salt, pepper. Simple easy and so so so delicious. For fiber, I have breads with little olive oil, garlic, pepper, , salt, feta cheese on broiler mode for 3 minutes till it browns. Its pretty perfect.

Pasta salad with spinach, brocolli, carrot, corn, capsicum, zucchini, pinenuts with vinegar, tobasco sauce, honey,sea salt , pepper, ranch dressing, mustard dressing, tahini sauce in dressing. Again with same bread. I should start getting french loaf to make it more regal. Sometimes I add onion, cucumber in vinegar sugar salt mixture, after an hour it gives pickled effect. I also made pickled beets to go with every salad. Only way beets go in my body. Throw in some kidney beans, chickpeas for protein.

Couscous pine nut with stir fried vegetables like spinach, carrot, onion, capsicum, mushrooms, cauliflower, spring onions. I went to this korean store and got so many kinds of fun vegetables like thin tiny mushrooms, sprouted beans. Add any vegetable you like with some salt, soy sauce, vinegar, tobasco. There are tons of recipes on this.

Tomato soup with beetroot, carrot, onion, sweet potato, parsley, ginger, garlic.

Dan dan noodle soup. I loved this one.
http://www.recipetineats.com/dan-dan-noodle-soup-vegetarian/

And of course vegetarian sandwich with diced onion, tomatoes, cheese, green chutney, sauce. Masala papad. These go with alcohol for us.

Ohh vegetarian options are unlimited. Try finding korean, chinese recipes. They are spicy, hearty, healthy which is what we all need.

Thanks,
NAMASTE




No comments:

Post a Comment